Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Road to RAGBRAI : Recovery

I did end up riding last night; an additional 11 miles, in fact. I had trivia league on College Hill, which means i took a little bit of a detour from my usual route to work and back.

The ride to work was normal, aside from the fact my butt still hurt from yesterday. My legs didn't hurt all that badly, but I could tell they were tired. I was pretty sore at work though.

The ride to the Hill wasn't too bad, although it was a bit unfamiliar to me. I managed to make it there without much issue, however, even with road construction. The nice thing about a bike is that I can still use the sidewalk if I have to.

The ride home was by far the worst part. Between the Hill and my house (a distance of only a couple miles), there are 2-3 pretty large hills. I didn't realize how bad the muscles were until I stood up to climb one. I felt every muscle in my legs in painful detail at that point. My asthma kicked in too, making it a doubly crappy climb. I managed to make it, somehow, but it appears I need to work on some hill training.

I probably shouldn't ride my bike to work tonight. It is a very beautiful day out right now, so the urge is there, but I really need to let my poor legs recover. Especially if I plan to ride a lot tomorrow. Such a dilemma....

No comments:

Post a Comment