Saturday, May 19, 2012

Road to RAGBRAI: New Things

Well, let me get this out of the way now: I have been slacking. I do have good reasons for it though. I've been working nearly constantly since Wednesday, and aside from a ride to work once, I haven't gotten any miles in. It has also been extra windy, but that's something I usually go brave anyway. I'll try to get some riding in tomorrow but we will see. 

Enough of that, I have other things to share with you.

I got my trunk bag in the mail Wednesday night. It is a bit smaller than I pictured but I like it. Here are pictures:




I can put my travel air pump (which you can see in the top pic), my tool kit, extra bottle, and it even have spots for pens and cards and stuff. I grabbed a couple of trail maps from Europa today that I can carry with me finally. I also put in a cargo net that I just bought today. I can't wait to try it out.

I also went to Scheels and spent too much on a pair of new bike shorts. However, I think that they will be worth it as they will be much more comfortable than the ones I have. The ones I have are okay, but they slide around too much on long rides.

The last thing I have to share with you is a photo I took of myself and my bike. I've had this idea in my head for about a week now and I finally got it on...well...computer.


Well that's all for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment